I’m typing this out while flying over the Gulf of Mexico, about halfway between Orlando and Cancun. I’ll be landing in San Salvador in a little less than 2 hours.
I’ll be in the country for about 2 weeks. I’m using the Adopting Bitcoin conference as my excuse for visiting, but I have been itching to visit El Salvador ever since Jack Mallers’ talk at Bitcoin 2021.
I hope to explore San Salvador, El Zonte, El Tunco, and other nearby areas while I am here, as well as observe and document how Bitcoin is being used. I’ll use this first-hand experience to inform my contributions to the Bitcoin Design Guide.
- 🎒1 Rucksack
- 💻 Laptop and bag of techno gear
- 📱 iPhone XS
- 🇸🇻 Very minimal Spanish
- 🦜 Practiced with DuoLingo
- 📺 Watched a bunch of Spanish shows on Netflix
- ⚡️ A lot of Bitcoin Lightning wallets
- 🏠 Lightning full node running at home connected via Zeus
- 💰Hopefully I have enough liquidity to get by 🙃